Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Minimize Me






Most recent minimalist project - wardrobe! I find I'm really good at getting rid of clothes, but also really good at buying more. I'd like to move away from the constant clothing "cycle" and instead invest in fewer pieces that are timeless and high quality. I made myself a list of items to keep in my closet so that I can focus a bit more on building a capsule wardrobe. For example, instead of just getting rid of my twelve pairs of running shorts, I want to replace them with two or three pairs of high quality shorts. I hope to use this list to avoid the temptation of a sale or "must-have" items. Granted, this is no 30-piece wardrobe. It's an in-between step. I'm sure I will find after pairing down to this list that I have room to shrink again.

TOPS 
  • 2 Dressy                                                                          
  • 3 Casual
  • 2 Layering (cardigan, denim, etc.)
  • 1 Blazer
BOTTOMS
  • 2 Jeans (one black, one blue)
  • 2 Leggings (one black, one printed)
  • 1 Dress Pant
  • 1 Pencil Skirt
  • 1 Jean Shorts
  • 1 Casual Shorts
DRESSES 
  • 1 One-piece/Romper
  • 1 Cocktail Dress
  • 2 Casual Dresses
  • 1 Formal Dress
ACTIVE WEAR
  • 3 Running Shorts
  • 2 Running Pants
  • 3 Tanks
  • 1 Running Jacket
  • 1 Running Shoes
SHOES (This is my problem area)
  • 2 Dressy Neutrals (black and nude)
  • 2 Casual Neutrals
  • 2 Boots 
  • 2 Rain/Snow Boot
  • 1 Dressy Statement Shoe
  • 1 Casual Statement Shoe
  • 1 Slides (hello, Berks)
WEATHER
  • 2 Gloves (one light, one heavy)
  • 1 Rain Jacket
  • 1 Fleece
  • 1 Winter Coat
  • 1 Formal/Dress Coat
  • 1 Warm Scarf
ACCESSORIES
  • 2 Scarves
  • 3 Necklaces
  • 2 Bracelets
  • 5 Earrings
  • 2 Purses
  • 1 Sunglasses
SWIM
  • 2 Swim Suits
  • 1 Cover
  • 1 Flip Flops
  • 1 Beach Bag
  • 1 Beach Towel

Sorry for the long vertical list...can't figure out the columns on this template. Blogger probs. Hope this is helpful for those of you also desiring to simplify. 

2 comments:

  1. Samantha and I did this last month! "Quality rather than quantity" is our motto now!:). We didn't have much "name brand stuff" growing up so I think the tendency when we got older was to buy buy buy cheaper things and many bargain deals. We almost felt bad getting an expensive short or workout top. Now we realize how long those good quality things last and how much all that other stuff just wears out faster or clutters up the closet! And you actually probably spend more money in the long run replacing a cheap running short with another cheap running short when one would have lasted you just fine!:). Nice job Max! Keep the blogs coming!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so much fun! I actually feel like I have more options with fewer things because I can actually see what I have to work with! :) Plus it just feels good to de-clutter!

      Delete